Frequently Asked Questions
How do I transfer my medical record from other apps such as Microsoft HealthVault or MyMedical?
- We try to keep it simple -. just open the other site and select Summary Report then Export option. If asked, choose File Format PDF and click Export button. Save to your computer Files as PDF file. Find Tidy Files folder in Tidy Health app, tap + Add Files and choose the File you saved. It will appear in Tidy Files as a summary document that can be reviewed by those who need to know. (Note: Third party info will not populate your Tidy Health database. This is by design to prevent inaccurate, outdated, or misappropiate information.)
There appears to be a glitch in MyMedical where I can not export my summary report?
Correct, but you can email yourself a PDF document then Save it to Files. When you go to Tidy Files Folder, tap +Add From Files and download your document.
Why can't I just transfer my data from one app to another?
- This question is asked quite a bit. Best way to move data from MyMedical to Tidy Health PHR is to upload your summary pdf file generated and then simply download the file to Tidy Files folder in our app. For something as important as your medical information, we do not trust transfer of data between two entirely different databases. Your providers will prefer to access your old records in a single file; they are not into databases. Of course, you will want to organize any current data moving forward, and Tidy Health provides lots of help, including drop down menus and layering of detail. Remember, there’s no need to enter every bit of data at once. Now may be a good time to reflect upon your health status as you tidy up your records.
I entered all my data on my iPad and now want to be sure it is available on my iPhone. How do I do this?
- It is easy to do. Go to More tab > Backup on iCloud > Backup Now. Then open Tidy Health on iPhone and go to More tab > Backup > Restore > zip file. Be sure same User ID that was used for turning on iCloud services on both devices.
Need to be able to modify conditions from active to inactive and back.
- You can easily change active / inactive by tap on selected circle for pre-loaded conditions. We plan to do same for entered conditions. Add pic of pills in detail screen of each medication direct from camera roll.
Entered data into allergies by mistake and can find no way to delete it?
- Remove allergies chosen from drop down menu by tapping on check box to undo selection. Delete other allergies by sliding entry to left and tapping red X. Hope this helps
Could you provide some reassurance that your app will be working in 5 and 10 years from now, or if you shut down there will be a way to migrate into a spreadsheet?
- We at Tidy Health understand the frustration when a trusted app like My Medical is no longer supported. We intend to update regularly and be there for you in the future. Note that Tidy Health app does not use remote servers. All medical information is stored right on your own devices, to be backed up with the cloud service of your choice.
What is the best way to track or log measurements like my blood pressure or blood sugar?
- Use the Diary in Health Log. It is a great place to log daily readings and track how you are doing with any particular condition of concern. Not only can you see trends, but you can document what affects it, and what your next action step will be. Your trend over time can be easily followed on Diary's summary page, and you can share it with your health care team.
I am concerned that there does not appear to be an "appointment history" maintained?
- Yes, medical visit histories can be kept in our Encounters folder, or you may see a list of completed appointments by opening the Reminders app that is pre-installed on your device, tap the 3 dots in upper right, and select Show Completed. You can even decide how long to save them by going to your device's Settings > Reminders > Default List > Tidy Health > Sync Duration. Very cool.
Can I migrate old data directly into Tidy Health app?
- The best way to save your old medical history is simply upload a Summary Record to your computer files - and then download these documents into Tidy Files. We are not into databases - trying to sync incompatible sets of data from one app into another can be frustrating - and serves little purpose. As long as old records can be easily viewed and new data entered exactly as you wish, you should be good. Entering your medical information need not be a chore with Tidy Health - and too it can be a good way to review your current health status and feel more in control.
What do I do when I encounter bugs, crashes, freezes, and other problems to be expected with such a new application?
- We are fixing bugs and adding new features all the time. Please go to the chat icon at the bottom of this screen and start a chat. Someone will get back to you right away - and we appreciate your help.
How do I change appointment information?
- Go to the data entry screen of the provider and tap the Change Appointment button at the bottom.
How do I delete Files?
- - Did you know all saved files are duplicated in Tidy Files folder? So you can find the designated file there and tap edit and then tap X. Or if your app is in sync with your computer, open Finder and delete files directly. Or Browse in Apple's Files app, find the file and delete it. Otherwise, simply remove entire entry by swiping left and then re-enter info without the file.
How can I mark medications as being Past Medications, I.e., discontinued? I’m a long-term chronic patient with a long medication history that my doctors need to see, but Tidy Health treats all medications as being currently prescribed
- We do plan to add a way to archive past Medications. For now most users simply place an x before name of any med that is not current. Stop dates can be entered in the details screen.
I’m switching over to this app. I have entered some data on my iPhone & some from iPad. How do I get the two to merge records?
- Try this - first check in your device settings for each device that iCloud Storage is turned on for Tidy Health app : Go to Apple ID > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud. Be sure you use same Apple ID on each device. Then open Tidy Health app and tap Help on navigation bar at bottom > Backup > Restore Your Data From Backup. If you don’t see your file, you may need to go to Backup to Cloud Service of Choice > iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
I have a prescription that I take every 2 weeks but the ‘Direction’ field does not have a ‘2 weeks’ option nor a ‘14 day’ option. Can this be added so the notification can be used?
- Yes, you can select direction as “take as directed”, then open Apple’s Reminders app and find prescription in Tidy Health folder. Then customize notifications.
**MORE FAQs ON THE WAY**